There are tons of free worship projection software out there, each with its own set of features that to pick one of them as the best of the lot is never an easy task, right? Well, not anymore! There’s a new kid on the block that’s taken things to a better level. I am gonna stick my neck out and say this is…
THE. BEST. FREE. CHURCH. PRESENTATION. SOFTWARE.
It goes by the name of VideoPsalm and enables projection of:
- Scripture verses
- PowerPoint presentations
- Image slideshows
With VideoPsalm, we get access to more than 10,000 Christian songs and 90+ Bibles in a variety of languages. More importantly, we can import existing collections of songs and Bibles from many other popular software like OpenSong, OpenLP, EasyWorship, EasySlides, MediaShout etc. This makes the move from an existing software to VideoPsalm easy, convenient and quick.
It’s difficult to describe every single feature of VideoPsalm (there are so many), so let me list the important ones to get you started:
- Video looping and playback.
- One click live background assignment (to a whole song or only a song verse)
- Live editing of lyrics or playlist to make corrections on the fly.
- Multiple screen resolution choices (4:3, 4:3:2, 16:10, 16:9, 16:8).
- Export of set-list to a pen-drive or the cloud. You can plan the service on one PC and take everything to another system at the Church including songbooks, songs, Bible versions, images etc.
- Text and background transitions.
- Neat organization of songs into multiple songbooks.
- Exhaustive song search (by title, lyrics, author, composer, themes, references, copyright, notes)
- PowerPoint shortcuts compatibility.
- Extensive slide formatting options that provide total control over the look-and-feel of slides.
- Dynamic recognition of projector connection or screen resolution change.
- Ability to store songs with chords and even display chords onscreen if required (ChordPro format is supported).
- Transposing of chords to any key.
- Simultaneous bilingual display - display Bible verses in two different languages.
- More than 30 skins to customize the way it looks.
The one drawback I’ve noticed till now is it doesn’t support Catholic/Orthodox Bibles, hopefully this will be fixed in a later version.
While VideoPsalm is a Windows program, Mac users are not completely left out. Using BootCamp, Parallels or VirtualBox, it can be run on a Mac machine too.
I also have to mention that whenever I’ve emailed the folks at VideoPsalm for assistance, the responses have been prompt and very helpful.
At the price of FREE, VideoPsalm with its massive feature-set is a must have for your church presentation requirements. Do yourself a favor and install it now!
Here’s the link: http://myvideopsalm.weebly.com/.
Have you tried VideoPsalm? What is your favorite worship projection software?
Disclaimer: I am not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own. This is not a paid review and the people at VideoPsalm have not solicited this post in any manner.