WordPress is not just the Number 1 platform for blogging - it’s also a very popular tool for creating websites. Even Sylvester Stallone’s website is built on WordPress! So it was only a matter of time before someone came up with the idea to leverage WordPress to create niche websites like musicians for instance.
If you’re a worship leader/musician looking to create a website for your music ministry, here’s a cool tool that you would want to look at.
Introducing WordPress Music - a free wordpress.com service that specifically caters to the needs of musicians and consequently for worship ministers too.
It’s user-friendly and doesn’t consume too much time to go online as everything is templatized for fast installation and publishing. Here’s a quick look at what you can get out of WordPress Music:
1. A Multi-Track Music Player to feature a single track or preview of an entire album.
2. Tour Dates to publish lists of upcoming concerts, pulled from Songkick or Google Calendar.
3. Social Widgets to automatically share your posts with your connections on popular social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Yahoo! and LinkedIn.
4. Bandcamp & SoundCloud interaction to embed and share your music from Bandcamp, SoundCloud, Spotify and more!
5. Video Embeds from external sites like YouTube and Vimeo.
6. Mailing Lists to facilitate people to subscribe to your posts and regularly receive e-mail updates.
To begin with, there are 2 customizable themes called Soundcheck and Debut. If you want more personalization, there are 210 other templates to satisfy your designing taste buds.
Additional premium features are also available:
1. Custom Domain Name ($13/year)
2. Uploading audio files ($20/year)
3. Video uploads ($60/year)
4. Custom CSS ($30/year)
And it’s all WordPress, which means your site gets stable, solid and secure hosting.
Check it out and let me know your experience: http://en.wordpress.com/music/